stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Cygwin 12d build issues
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 00:21:42 GMT
Mark Brown wrote:
> [...]

There shouldn't be any windows popping up when configuring,
building, or using stdcxx. We have code that prevents the
annoying Windows popups in tests that are expected to end
abnormally (e.g., via an exception), for example,
DYNAMIC_CAST.cpp, or NEW_THROWS.cpp, but I don't believe
the two you mention are among them.

I suppose we could introduce a common header with the code
and #include it from every test to prevent these popups even
when they are not anticipated. It's something to think about.

In any case, please go ahead and open an issue for the
problem.

I don't have a Cygwin environment handy to test it right now
but Farid might. Farid, if you have installed Cygwin, could
you do a build and see if you can reproduce it?

Martin