stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Cygwin 12d build issues
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 17:13:47 GMT
Mark Brown wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just for kicks I'm trying to build a 12d version of the library on Cygwin. Things looks
like they're going okay except for a couple of errors that open up a message box on the screen
telling me that a test had a problem. The build stops at this point and waits for me to click
on a button before moving on to the next test. I don't remember the first but the second one
is for LIBC_EXCEPTIONS.exe. Is this normal?

> I also see lots of messages like these:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mbrown/stdcxx-12d/lib'
> generating dependencies for $(TOPDIR)/src/atomic.s
> generating dependencies for $(TOPDIR)/src/wctype.cpp
> /home/mbrown/stdcxx/src/wctype.cpp:0: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is
position independent)

> I'm guessing Cygwin might need the same conditional as the one for AIX in gcc.config:
>
> # IBM AIX code is always position independent
> ifneq ($(OSNAME),AIX)
> PICFLAGS        = -fPIC
> endif

Looks like it. If you could open an issue for this too,
that would be great! A patch is also welcome :)

Thanks
Martin