stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: [Fwd: REMINDER: BOARD REPORTS]
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:29:27 GMT
I'm planning to write up the status report as usual.

As for graduation, if you and Justin both think we're ready
I'm in favor of opening up the vote. I know the project is
healthy and I'm confident it will continue to thrive, likely
even more as a full fledged Apache project than in the
incubator.

We've done a couple of releases (and I would like to see us
start working toward another, say late spring or early summer)
so I think we've passed that test. What still needs to be done
is document the release process. Is that something we need to
do before proposing graduation to the Incubator PMC?

Another missing piece is the design document that I said I'd
work on well over a year ago. There's a plain text README that
serves that purpose right now but it needs to be updated,
cleaned up, and it would be nice to reformat it in HTML.

Finally, not all the copyright headers in our code have been
changed to the new wording ("licensed to Apache" rather than
"copyright Apache"). Let me volunteer to work on it this week
(I have a script that should make it pretty easy).

Other than these (IMO fairly minor) items, my only concern
is still our diversity. We have a total of 11 committers but
several of them haven't been active in a while. Over the last
three months only Andrew, Farid, and myself have committed
changes. As I mentioned before, I've recently received emails
from people interested in getting involved with the project
(one of the has already started doing some work and submitted
a few helpful issues) so I'm hopeful we will be able to add
him as a committer in the next trimester. But that's in the
future.

Thoughts?

Martin