stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Far...@kyiv.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: duplicate error message in Windows builds
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:35:06 GMT

  I can't find information how the MSVC build is working.

  The SolutionBuild object from MSVC automation objects model
contain the method Build (which returns void) to build solution, and
the property LastBuildInfo, which returns the number of projects that
failed to build. So I make the conclusion that the devenv tries to build
the all projects and counts the build fails using LastBuildInfo
property.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa290092(VS.71).aspx#vsconiniti
atingsolutionprojectbuilds

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa301352(VS.71).aspx

> Andrew also mentioned that he could find no way to retrieve
> the status of the last operation (invocation?) of the devenv
> executable.
  The devenv, I guess, returns number of projects that failed to build.
I don't verified this yet, but I verified that devenv returns zero code
if
all projects builds with success and nonzero if any fail encountered.

Farid.