stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: project priorities
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:16:49 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

That would be fine for manual builds but we also (mainly?) want
to disable it for our nightly builds. Otherwise the logs are
unreadable. If there's an easy way to do it w/o changing the
infrastructure (e.g., setting some environment variable or
using a VisualStudio option) plese let Andrew know. Otherwise,
I think we should disable it by default. I see no benefit in
having it enabled, do you?

>   Another way is using VS automation objects when implementing the
> script for p.4:
>

>>4. Assuming it's a small (less than 100 lines of script code) and
>>    an easy to implement enhancement, change the infrastructure to
>>    avoid attempting to build dependent project(s) such as examples
>>    or tests when a required dependency fails to build.

That would work too.

Martin