stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject failed examples reported as passing with MSVC or vice versa
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:04:50 GMT
While going through our MSVC 8.0 jumbled up log I came across
what looks like incorrect behavior of either the exec utility
or the Windows infrastructure. What seems to be happening is
that while exec reports some examples as passing the rest of
the infrastructure actually says they failed. Below are lines
from the log relevant to the accumulate.exe example.

Andrew and/or Farid, could you guys look into it to see which
part of the infrastructure is broken?

Thanks
Martin

422>Performing Custom Build Step
422>running accumulate.exe
422>NAME                      STATUS WARN ASSERTS FAILED PERCNT    USER
     SYS    REAL
422>accumulate.exe                 0    0
           0.330
422>example output differs from the expected
422>example failed! Exit code 0
422>