stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject locale testing failures on Tru64
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 22:19:44 GMT
Greetings all.

One of the persistent failures observed in automated testing is the
locale tests on Tru64.  I have performed a manual build, and it appears
that the cause is a failure in the run_locale_utils.sh script.  The
output of running both the sanity_test.sh wrapper script and the
en_US.ANSI_X3.4-1968.sh wrapper script is as follows:

> ./run_utils: Usage :
> script -s -b <bindir> ## checking sanity
> script -f -i <nlsdir> -l <locale name> ## check functionality

Looking at the script, it seems to me that the version of sh living in
/bin/sh is deficient in it's processing of the getopts command.  I do
not have a solution to this problem at this time, but I hope to look
into it next week.

--Andrew Black