stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: duplicate error message in Windows builds
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:01:49 GMT
Greetings Martin.

The glue script calls devenv to build the product via the generated
batch file.  Before and after calling the batch file, the glue script
prints a status message starting with ###.  The lines in question are
prior to the third instance in the script (immediately after the
generated batch file has been run).

The location of the source can be further narrowed, if it is noted that
the lines beginning with NNN> are coming from devenv.  The number
indicates the serial number (essentially) of the project being built.
As the repeated lines don't include such a leader, that means it comes
after devenv has been invoked, and that indicates the makelog.wsf script.

Upon tracing the code, I find that the messages are being emitted by the
saveBuildFailure function in summary.js.  This method appears to append
blocks of HTML to a temporary file which is used in the generation of
the final result page.

Glancing at the output from devenv /? doesn't point me at any switches
that appear to be particularly useful for short-circuiting out of the
build process.  If short circuiting is desired behavior, it may be
necessary to build the product project by project, rather than having
devenv build everything.

--Andrew Black