stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Nightly testing failures on AIX 5.3
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:56:59 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:
> Andrew Black wrote:
[...]
> The LDSOFLAGS variable defines the set of linker flags
> when linking a shared library, and we should also have
> one for rwtest, and for programs that link with one or
> both of the two. Maybe something like
>
>   LDFLAGS: common linker flags
>   LDFLAGS.lib: linker flags for the library only
>   LDFLAGS.rwt: linker flags for rwtest only
>   LDFLAGS.tst: linker flags for the tests
>   LDFLAGS.exm: linker flags for the examples
>   LDFLAGS.util: linker flags for the utilities
>
> These would replace the current SHARED_LDFLAGS as well
> as LDSOFLAGS.

This seems like a reasonable plan of action.  I note that the values of
the new variables will need to be written into the generated
makefile.in, as the .config files aren't used outside the builddir make
process.  I suspect that the values for LDFLAGS.exm and LDFLAGS.util
will be the same, but it's probably better to keep these separate, in
case they need to differ.

Do you wish to make these changes, or shall I?

--Andrew Black