stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject what counts as a failure?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:50:19 GMT
 From the reported results for our examples it seems
that we're counting as having failed those examples
that have no reference file (i.e., NREF). Those
should not be considered as failures.

Also, I see a number of examples whose status is
OUTPUT which I assume means their output didn't
match what was expected. I think the label for
this type of failure used to be DIFF and OUTPUT
was actually used for those that had no reference
file to compare the output with (i.e., what's now
being reported as NREF). I don't remember if we
deliberately made the decision to rename these
labels or if it was incidental. If the latter,
I think we should go back to the original codes.

Andrew?

Thanks
Martin