stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: REMINDER: *** BOARD REPORTS DUE ***]
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:55:18 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 11/10/06, Martin Sebor <sebor@roguewave.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been going through emails looking for this template.
>> Here's what I've found: http://tinyurl.com/wud6v. Unless
>> there's a more formal template I'll just follow the list
>> in that email.
>

> Yah, that's the right list.  Thanks!
>
> Note that I think we're fairly close to considering graduating stdcxx.
> Does anyone here have an opinion one way or another?  I'd like to see
> more diversity in the committership, but I also think it can manage
> itself at this point - or fairly close to doing so.  =)

I agree on all counts :) We are constantly looking for ways to
increase the diversity of the community. I personally believe
it will continue to grow at the (admittedly slow) pace it has
been up to now. I expect it to gain more visibility again and
attract new users and hopefully also a committer or two after
the next release (tentatively planned for sometime in the first
half of '07).

> I can't speak for Will, but if stdcxx graduates to a TLP, I'll still
> stick around to help out on the PMC and answer any procedural
> questions and stuff.  =)  -- justin

Having either you or Bill or ideally both of you stay on would
be great!

Martin