stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Farid Zaripov <Far...@kyiv.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r466955 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/src/printf.cpp
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:01:18 GMT

   I have added new format ("%{P}") for print rw_pid_t. Also I have
modified 0.printf.cpp test to exercise "%{P}" and %{ As} formatting
directives. The diff files are attached.

   We have a problem with "%{M}" formatting directive. In rwtest library
the memptr_t type is defined within fmt_defs.h as a pointer to member
function of incomplete type with size sizeof(memptr_t) == 16 on MSVC.
The 0.printf.cpp test exercising the "%{M}" directive with memptr_t
defined as pointer to member function of complete type with size
sizeof(memptr_t) == 4 on MSVC.

   Does the "%{M}" formatting directive is intended for printing the any
pointer to member of any class or only void (Class::*)() where Class
is the simple class? Because the size of pointer to class member can
vary depending from the class I think we should pass the sizeof of the
pointer too.

   ChangeLog:
   * printf.cpp (rw_vasnprintf): Added checking for malformed directive
   (_rw_fmttm, _rw_fmtarray, _rw_fmtstrarray, _rw_fmtstr, _rw_fmtwstr):
   Third parameter of __rw::__rw_memattr() changed to -1
   (_rw_vasnprintf_ext): Ditto. Added "%{P}" formating directive to
   format the rw_pid_t value
   * 0.printf.cpp: #included rw_process.h for rw_pid_t
   (test_chararray): Added missing backslash in result string
   (test_stringarray): Added exercising of the "%{ As}" formatting
   directive
   (test_pid): New function exercising the "%{P}" formating directive
   (main): Added call to the test_pid()

Farid.