stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r463535 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk: etc/config/makefile.common etc/config/makefile.rules util/cmdopt.cpp util/display.cpp util/output.cpp util/runall.cpp util/target.h
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:58:00 GMT
sebor@apache.org wrote:
> Author: sebor
> Date: Thu Oct 12 17:49:34 2006
> New Revision: 463535

> Log:
> 2006-10-12  Andrew Black  <ablack@roguewave.com>
>
> 	* makefile.rules (%.o: %(AS_EXT), %.o: %.cpp, %: %.o, %: %.cpp): Add
> 	$(TEEOPTS) to compile/link line so that output is routed to log files.

Andrew, I'm afraid there's a problem with this patch. The exit status
of a pipeline is the exit status of the last command so piping stderr
of the compiler (or linker) to tee will cause the pipeline to exit with
the status of tee rather than that of the compiler or linker. That in
turn prevents make from stopping after a compiler or linker error and
allows it to continue processing subsequent commands. I'm going to have
to revert the makefile changes. Can you please look into how else this
could be done?

Martin