stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [patch] Child process stats in exec utility (unix)
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:07:38 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> I have found myself unable to replicate the bogus time issue you have
> observed.
>
> I have tried using multiple tests on my linux box, along with the
> 27.stringbuf.virtuals test on both Solaris 10 and Solaris 9.  Perhaps
> automated testing will provide a replication of the issue.

I suspect the bogus output was actually my problem. After cleaning
out my directory and rebuilding the utility from scratch the numbers
look okay. I wonder if my dependencies are out of date or if there's
a bug in the dependency generation code. Sorry about sending you on
a wild goose chase...

> Attached is another revised patch that moves the columns as proposed.
> I'm not certain if the revised output looks as good for examples, but I
> have no preference either way.

Okay, it's in: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=446689

Martin

PS In your ChangeLog (as well as in code), preprocessor expressions
like (_WIN32 || _WIN64) can be simplified to just _WIN32 since the
macro is guaranteed to be #defined whenever _WIN64 is #defined.

We should change existing code and simplify the expression.

Martin