stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [patch] exec utility child process limits (unix)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:42:05 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> And take 4 (modified slightly from take 3)
>
> There were a couple other glitches that showed up when compiling (and
> quickly testing) on windows, which have been resolved in the attached
> patch.
>
> The off-by-one error resulted from a copy & paste.  I will follow this
> patch up with a patch to correct the source of the off-by-one, along
> with the negative values returned from strtol.

Okay, it works this time so I think the code is good to commit.

There are problems with the ChangeLog though:

 > Log:
 >     * cmdopt.h [!_WIN32 && !_WIN64]: Include unistd.h
 >       [_XOPEN_UNIX]: Include sys/resource.h
 >       rw_rlim_t, struct rw_rlimit [!_XOPEN_UNIX]: Define placeholder
 > type/struct for rlim_t and struct rlimit respectively.

The changed symbols need to be in parentheses. Like this:

	(rw_rlim_t, struct rw_rlimit) [!_XOPEN_UNIX]: Define placeholder
	type/struct for rlim_t and struct rlimit respectively.

 >       Define rw_rlimit, struct limit_set, declare child_limits.

Same here.

 >     * cmdopt.cpp [!_WIN32 && !_WIN64 && _XOPEN_UNIX]: Include
 > sys/resource.h

Might as well do it here too (i.e., (sys/resource.h): Included.)

 >       Define RLIM_INFINITY, RLIM_SAVED_CUR and RLIM_SAVED_MAX if not
 > defined, initialize child_limits.

Ditto.

 >       usage_text[]: Document --ulimit switch.

Ditto, without the brackets.

 >       parse_limit_opts: Define helper function for parsing --rlimit
 > option (borrowed in part from _rw_setopt_ulimit in tests/src/driver.cpp).

Ditto.

 >       eval_options(): Define opt_ulimit character string, use with

Ditto, without the parens.

 > parse_limit_opts to handle --ulimit command line switch.
 >     * exec.cpp [!_WIN32 && !_WIN64 && _XOPEN_UNIX]: Include
sys/resource.h
 >       LIMIT [!_WIN32 && !_WIN64 && _XOPEN_UNIX]: Define helper macro

for...
 >       limit_process() [!_WIN32 && !_WIN64 && _XOPEN_UNIX]: New helper

And here.

 > function to set resource limits, based on the values in child_limits
 > (borrowed in part from _rw_setopt_ulimit in tests/src/driver.cpp).
 >       exec_file() [!_WIN32 && !_WIN64 && _XOPEN_UNIX]: Call above prior
 > to execv.

Can you please fix this and resend just the ChangeLog?

Martin