stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Far...@kyiv.vdiweb.com>
Subject Windows infrastructure for generating VisualStudio projects and solution(s)
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:56:37 GMT
  The present windows scripts is too complicate for addition a new
projects.

  Addition of the new project requires definition of many variables,
some functions
for configuring this project and calls of this functions in several
places. Many
code is duplicated with different variable names.

  I think we need to redesign solution generating scripts. It should be
something like
makefile and make utility. One module with definitions of the project
data (source files,
include files, other files, dependencies, pre/post build steps data,
custom build steps
data, etc) and second which generates the project files and solution
file using data from
the first module.

Farid.