stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicole Willson" <will...@roguewave.com>
Subject FW: 17116,756,000
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:34:21 GMT
Ok, in the messages.cpp test, the test_use_nls_path works fine, but the
stress test fails.  According to IBM, this is because the NLSPATH
environment variable needs to be set and setlocale must be called.
Stress_test does not set the absolute path, but seems to set the locale.
My question is: since test_use_nls_path is called before stress_test, is
it expected that the NLSPATH variable will still be in the environment?

I am working on SLES 9.2, xlC 8.0, on ppc64.

Thanks,
Nicole Willson
Consulting Engineer
Rogue Wave Software, Inc.
A Division of Quovadx
303-545-3210

-----Original Message-----
From: John Carver [mailto:jcarver@austin.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 2:45 PM
To: Nicole Willson
Subject: PMR: 17116,756,000

Nicole,

Regarding pmr 17116,756, if the catalog file name referred to by the
CatalogName parameter contains a leading / (slash), it is assumed to be
an absolute path name. If the catalog file name is not an absolute path
name, the user environment determines which directory paths to search.
The NLSPATH environment variable defines the directory search path. When
this variable is used, the setlocale subroutine must be called before
the catopen subroutine.

John Carver                           Phone:  512-823-9076
jcarver@austin.ibm.com
IBM Server Group                        (t/l 793-9076)
ISV Technical Programs
jcarver@austin.ibm.com