stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Generation of the solution and projects for MSVC/ICC
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:18:44 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:
>
>>Hi All.
>>
>>  I have found another way to generate solution and project files.
>>
>>  This way is using VisualStudio Automation objects so we do not need to
>>worry about solution and project files format.
>

> Drinking the kool-aid, eh :-?
>
> Intermediating with solutions and projects provides a huge benefit of being
> able to unwind build problems with wrong flags, etc, something that the
> automation interfaces don't help much with.

Could you help me understand what you mean by "being able to unwind
build problems with wrong flags, etc?" The ability to debug compiler
and linker command line options? If that's it, what makes these
automation interfaces unhelpful in this regard? (I'm not very
familiar with VisualStudio automation).

Martin