stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject [patch]Re: examples in OUTPUT state
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:11:33 GMT
Greetings all.

Attached is a short patch that should resolve this issue.

The cause of the error was that the output was smaller than the static
holding buffer, so the call to memcmp was comparing beyond the amount of
data that had been read into the buffer.  This in turn was leading to a
difference in the unfilled portions of the buffer.  This difference was
caused by the natural variations in uninitialized memory.

--Andrew Black