stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Farid Zaripov" <Far...@kyiv.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: stdcxx building problem on the gcc 3.2.2/Linux RedHat9
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:35:55 GMT
> But I don't understand why a change in the order of dependencies
> makes a difference in the order of libraries on the command line.
> Can you explain it to me?

  I don't know.

  I think it's works because used implicit rule which passes the target
dependenses to the command line

  In command line I see that librwtest.a and libstd.a is specified
twice:

>From $(LDFLAGS):
-L/usr/src/Incubator/stdcxx/trunk/build/rwtest -lrwtest
-L/usr/src/Incubator/stdcxx/trunk/build/lib -lstd

Appended target dependenses:
/usr/src/Incubator/stdcxx/trunk/build/lib/libstd.a
/usr/src/Incubator/stdcxx/trunk/build/rwtest/librwtest.a  -lsupc++ -lm
-o 21.string.io

  And I think that LD first uses the libraries specified in the command
line directly, and only after that the libraries from -l options.

Farid.