stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Pevtsov" <Ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r414916 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/include/alg_test.h
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:24:16 GMT
I committed the updated tests here:

I think this was not a compiler bug: the gcc failed to compile these
tests with similar error.

Thanks,
Anton Pevtsov

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:sebor@roguewave.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 03:40
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r414916 -
/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/include/alg_test.h

Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin, I've noted that this commitment brokes several algorithms test

> (on MSVC). They used make_iter in the following way:
>
> const Iterator first = make_iter (xsrc, xsrc, xsrc + nsrc, dummy_it);
>
> And this results in the error:
>
> error C2666: 'make_iter' : 2 overloads have similar conversions
[...]
> I suggest to update the tests to use the following:
>
> const Iterator first (xsrc, xsrc, xsrc + nsrc);
>
> The diffs are here: http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx07062006/
>
> What do you think about this?

Those are good changes. There's no reason to use the make_iter helper in
these tests since we're only using the test iterators and they can all
be constructed the same way. The helpers are there to let us use both
the test iterators as well as other kinds (such as pointers, etc.)

That said, if you suspect an MSVC bug it would be nice to put together a
small test case for the record and report it to
Microsoft: http://connect.microsoft.com.

Martin