stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: string methods thread safety
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:34:41 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:

> [...]

Yes, that makes sense (although the child will somehow need
to be told that it's a child of another test test and not
the parent itself).

> With argv overload I simple add the additional parameters to the
> existing.
> With vararg overload is necessary to combine the existent parameters to
> the solid
> string before call of the rw_process_create() and then split it back
> before call of
> the execxx(). Maybe I missed something?

I don't think you did. It just looked to me like the parent
was doing the argv shuffle ;-) that could have been avoided
if we had the vararg function. Btw., it wouldn't be too hard
to provide the ability to pass all of argv to the vararg
function as well. Something like
   rw_process_create("./a.out $*", argv)
(where $* is the shell variable representing the shell's
command line arguments). Or we could use/extend one of the
rw_printf formatting directives (e.g., "%{*As}" to go with
"%{*Ac}"). I think I like that even better because it's
more general and might be useful elsewhere.

Martin