stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject runall.sh replacement
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:19:49 GMT
Greetings all.

As part of a project to automate testing of the stdcxx library using our
internal build system, I have been working on a replacement for the
runall.sh script.

This script produces the output when 'gmake run_all' is executed from
within the example/test/bin directories.

This executable is written in c, and it should be possible to compile it
using roughly the same set of flags as the library.  Note that there
will be a few warnings, but I believe them to be harmless.  (I have been
using the following as my compile line)

 > gcc -W -Wall -Wcast-qual -Winline -Wshadow -Wwrite-strings
-Wcast-align --pedantic runall.c -o runall

One major failing of this executable at this time is that it likely
won't work natively on windows.  Another major failing is that it isn't
written to kill grandchild processes.  These are flaws shared by the
runall.sh script.
A final failing is that it doesn't color the output, and doesn't show
the watchdog countdown sequence.  I hope to correct all these failings
at some point in the future.

This code has been lightly tested, and as such should be used at your
own risk.

--Andrew Black