stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: test for lib.string.io
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:38:22 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
>   I see that 07/09 rw_ctype.h and ctype.cpp files were added to the svn.
>
>   Should the test 21.string.io use the UserCtype<charT> facet instead of
> the Ctype facet defined in 21.string.io.cpp?

That's the idea, yes :) Although we should probably finish the
test. The test I committed is incomplete -- all it exercises is
UserCtype::is().

>   Currently UserCtype<UserChar> is not inherited from
> std::ctype<UserChar> and stream class cannot use this facet.

That would be a problem, wouldn't it ;-) The library is required
to provide only ctype<char> and ctype<wchar_t> and the primary
template need not exist. Let me add the UserChar specialization.

>   And I found that UserCtype<UserChar>::id is declared but not defined
> (should be defined in ctype.cpp).

Let me fix this as well. Thanks for pointing it out!

Martin