stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: ICL 9.1 codegeneration bug (rw_char.h)
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:09:27 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
>    When I compiled 21.string.io.cpp using Intel C++ 9.1 I've found that
> a number of rw_asserts is different than with using MSVC++ 7.1.
>
>    I investigated this and detected the problem in UserInt::to_char()
> method.

[...]
>    I attached the test case to illustrate the problem.

Nicely done, thanks! Could you please open a Jira issue for this
compiler bug (see or of the other similar bugs for an example:
http://tinyurl.com/zrgcw). Once we have a bug number Anton or I
can commit your proposed fix (and reference the bug in it).

Anton, could you please file a bug with Intel for this problem
(using your Premier Support account at http://premier.intel.com)
and copy the Intel bug link into the Jira issue for reference?

Martin