stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r412249 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests: include/21.strings.h src/21.strings.cpp
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:47:35 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin, I updated the replace test to exercise the reverse_iterator.
> It is here:
> http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx06132006/
>
> I think that if it is ok we might want to make some changes to
> StringTestCase and StringTestCaseData (copy constructable?) structures
> to create new structure more easily.
> Also the code which reverses the substring may be moved to the test
> driver.

I agree. Would it be possible to reverse the StringTestCase
strings instead of the members of StringTestCaseData<charT>
so that we can easily do it in the driver (since doing that
way wouldn't involve template arguments)?

> What do you think about this?

I would like to try to reduce the amount of special code that
we put in the tests to deal with reverse_iterators and do as
much work as we can in the driver. This will help us when we
move on to the tests for other containers (vector etc.)

Martin