stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r412249 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests: include/21.strings.h src/21.strings.cpp
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:38:30 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Here are the diffs to the ctor test required by the testing of the range
> overloads:
> http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx06092006/

Why don't we reuse the virtual RangeBase member function used
for other template members and have test_ctor pass it str_arg?
CtorRange would ignore the argument and CtorRangeOverload would
use it instead of re-creating its own copy.

Btw., I think you have a copy-n-paste typo in test_cons: the
name of the RangeBase and CtorRangeOverload objects should
probably not be "app." Your "rng" (from test_ctor() argument)
sounds better and, if used consistently throughout the all
the tests (which I should have thought of) would avoid these
kinds of typos.

Finally, I'd like to use either "cons" or "ctor" in the names
of all functions. I don't really care which as long as we are
consistent (although given the name of the test we need to go
with cons :)

With that: okay to commit.

Thanks
Martin