stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Pevtsov" <Ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r399914 - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings: 21.string.append.cpp 21.string.assign.cpp 21.string.insert.cpp 21.string.op.plus.equal.cpp 21.string.replace.cpp
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 15:02:30 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Anton, this simplifies the exception safety setup. Another change
[...]
> I'll try to cook one up over the weekend or sometime next week.

The changes looks good. I'll use them porting the rest of the tests.
I plan to port tests for access, ctor, update the test for swap and
accommodate already ported tests to your planned changes.

Martin Sebor wrote:
> Btw., I noticed that the 21.string.copy.cpp hasn't been converted to
the new simplified format yet. This is just a reminder that we should >
remember to do so before we move on to other (non-string) tests.

Yes, today I updated this test. The changes are here:
http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx05052006/

21.strings.h/cpp includes changes for access overloads too.

The change log:
2006-05-05  Anton Pevtsov  <antonp@moscow.vdiweb.com>

	* 21.strings.h (MemberId): Added new elements for access, copy.
	(OverloadId): Added new enum elements for access and copy
overloads.
	* 21.strings.cpp (_rw_setvars): Added support for access and
copy
	overloads.
	* 21.string.copy.cpp: Converted to simplified format
	(MemFun, run_test): removed as obsolete
	(test_copy): Updated to use test driver features.

I think we need to port tests for
21.string.ctor
21.string.access (I am working on this now)

And implement tests for
21.string.swap (it is ready, but needed to be converted to the
simplified format)
string methods c_str(), data(), begin(), end(), rbegin(), rend(),
get_allocator().

Also I noticed that we have missed push_back method in the append test.
Btw, shall we have special MemberId enum element for this method and
separate elements for operator[] and at ?

Thanks,
Anton Pevtsov