stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Intel 9.1.0.22 compiler
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 20:56:37 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin, I tested our solution generation script against new Intel compiler
> 9.1.0.22. The library builds successful, but produces several warnings.
> see the
> attached file, please.

The dllexport/import warnings look suspicious to me. The members
in question are defined in a dll-exported specialization so there
should be no need to repeat it in their definition as well. MSVC
doesn't issue them so I suspect it's an Intel bug but would need
a small test case to say so definitively.

The exception specification warning is most likely caused by
a configuration bug and something to look into. Could you open
an issue please? Ditto for the one about _C_name.

I believe warning #279 (controlling expression constant) has been
removed from recent versions of the EDG front end (or at least can
be silenced by negating the constant) so it seems that Intel hasn't
updated their version yet. I'm not sure how to silence it without
turning the constant into a runtime variable.

> Tests and examples builds and works ok.
>
> But the BuildLog.htm files become unicode, so it is necessary to update
> the script. I can do it, but there is a question:
> is it necessary to keep both 9.0 and 9.1 compilers?

We will want to continue to support both for some time but I
wouldn't spend too much time updating the script to accommodate
the Unicode logs (unless you would like to use the compiler and
find the logs useful). We will be changing the log format to
look the same across all platforms at some point in the near
future anyway.

Martin