stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Problem building Standard library
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 15:59:51 GMT
Jeremy Dean wrote:
> I am having a problem building Standard Library.
[...]
> When I try to build an optimized build, the localedef hangs and never
> returns.

Have you searched the bug database for similar problems? The
configuration issue below causes similar symptoms in locale:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-140. It's been
fixed on the trunk.

> I was told to then try building a debug version, and the debug
> version of the library fails to compile with the following error:
[...]
> /roguewave/SourcePro/Ed9/source/stdlib/setlocale.h:45: error:
> `_RWSTD_LC_ALL' was not declared in this scope

That's an obvious configuration issue. You need to find out
why the test that's supposed to define the macro is failing.
IIRC, the name of the test is LOCALE_NAME_FORMAT.cpp. Look
at the log file to see what went wrong.

Martin