stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: test for lib.string.swap
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 01:22:42 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> The test for lib.string.swap and required changes to the
> 21.strings.h/cpp are here:
> http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx05152006/
>
> Also there is difference to the 21.string.append.cpp - I added push_back
> test cases to this test.

Okay, thanks!

We might also want to implement the proposed resolution of issue
534 as an extension for now (until it's accepted) and write tests
to exercise the new members:
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-active.html#534

> But I see 21.string.push.back.mt.cpp test on svn. Could you explain, why
> the push_back and only it is exercised separately and in the
> multithreading environment, please?

Because it's such a heavily used function. We need to write thread
safety tests for other member functions as well (not necessarily all
of them but at least those that we know are used a lot. The most
important ones are those that call _C_get_ref(), i.e., the copy ctor,
assignment operator, begin(), append(const string&), and replace().

Martin