stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: test for lib.string.cons
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 23:28:48 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Here is the ported test for lib.string.cons and required differences to
> the 21.strings.h/cpp files (with changes required for
> lib.string.access):
> http://people.apache.org/~antonp/stdcxx05102006/

Please go ahead and commit this whenever you have a chance.
Btw., it's beginning to look like we might run out of bits
in the bitmap. If it happens we'll probably have to split
it into two data members, one for the signature and one
for the function id.

Martin

[...]
> If the test structure is ok, I'll extend the test cases using char@count
> directive.
>
> Here is a question about the ctor exception safety test. Are they needed
> when the default allocator is used?
> I think that we may test all possible exception safety issues using the
> custom allocator.

True, but the std::string and std::wstring specializations would
need to be exercised even if they weren't generated from the primary
template (i.e., if they or some of their members were explicitly
specialized, although they aren't at this point), and the only way
to exercise them in that case would be via the replacement operator
new.

Martin