stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r405254 - /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests/strings/21.string.replace.cpp
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 22:08:28 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:

[...]
> Unfortunately, with your changes the replace test just fails on Windows.
>
> The attached diff files contains my attempt to fix the problem.

Thanks! Please go ahead and commit it.

[...]
> But on Windows I still have problems with the end of a string (somewhere
> in the test driver): it looks like there is no '\0' symbol there, but it
> is expected.
> I saw the same problem with empty strings for other tests, so I'll
> investigate it.
>
> It would be great if you take a look on the replace test on Windows.
> What do you think about this?

I'm not sure I see the problem you're referring to but I did fix
an issue in char.cpp that caused the MSVC libc to abort. SVN is
down at the moment and I can't commit the fix so I attach the
patch (I'll continue to try to commit but if it doesn't come
back by the end of the day you can at least apply the patch
to your local tree to see if it helps).

> I'll update the rest of the tests immediately after the fix of these
> problems, ok?

Okay.

Martin