stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Pevtsov <ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Re: Re: svn commit: r396375 [1/2] - in /incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests: include/21.strings.h src/21.strings.cpp strings/21.string.append.cpp strings/21.string.assign.cpp strings/21.string.replace.cpp
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:23:07 GMT
Martin, I updated the insert test using your last changes, the diff file
is attached.

I found minor problem in 21.strings.cpp: the enum element sig_void has
value 1, and this value is used as index accessing the signatures array.

I added dummy empty string to the begin of the signatures array to make
indexes valid. The file with differences to 21.strings.cpp is attached.

Here is the change log:
2006-04-24  Anton Pevtsov <antonp@moscow.vdiweb.com>

    * 21.strings.cpp (setvars): Added empty string to signatures
    array to shift elements on 1 position, added formatting
    for insert overloads.

Thanks,
Anton Pevtsov

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:sebor@roguewave.com]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 06:07
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: svn commit: r396375 [1/2] - in
/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/tests: include/21.strings.h src/21.strings.cpp
strings/21.string.append.cpp strings/21.string.assign.cpp
strings/21.string.replace.cpp

sebor@apache.org wrote:

 >> Author: sebor
 >> Date: Sun Apr 23 18:58:16 2006
 >> New Revision: 396375

Anton, this implements some of the features we discussed. In the process
of consolidating code from the individual tests into the 21.strings.cpp
driver file I inadvertently removed some of the command line option
handling. I'll put it back tomorrow. I also plan on moving some
additional code from the tests into the driver and streamlining them
even further.

Let me know how this looks to you and if you have any suggestions for
changes and/or improvements.

Martin

 >> Log:
 >> 2006-04-23  Martin Sebor  <sebor@roguewave.com>
 >>
 >>     * 21.strings.h (UnknownChar, UnknownTraits, UnknownAllocator):

Added.

 >>     (sig_void): Defined to 1 instead of 0 to distinguish an

"unknown"

 >>     value from a known one.
 >>     (MemberId): New member indentifying a set of overloads of a

given

 >>     member function of basic_string.
 >>     (SignatureId): Renamed from MemberFunction and defined partly in
 >>     terms of MemberId constants.
 >>     (Function): New struct uniquely identifying a specific overload

of

 >>     a given member function of a particular specialization of

basic_string.

 >>     (setvars): Renamed from format, changed signature and semantics

and

 >>     made private.
 >>     (run_test): New function to run all test cases defined by a

test.

 >>     * 21.strings.cpp (setvars): Defined the environment variables

CLASS,

 >>     FUNC, FUNCSIG, and FUNCALL to the name of the specialization of

the

 >>     class template, the name of the member function, and the name of

the

 >>     overload of the member function, respectively, and optionally,

the

 >>     call to the member function with argument expanded.
 >>     (run_test): Runs all test cases specified by each test.
 >>     * 21.string.append.cpp: Simplified by using the above.
 >>     (MemFun): Defined to StringMembers::Function.
 >>     (tests): Made static local and removed function signatures

obviated

 >>     by the above changes.
 >>     * 21.string.assign.cpp: Same.
 >>     * 21.string.replace.cpp: Same.