stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Pevtsov" <Ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject RE: test for lib.string.insert
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:19:13 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> I see a number of failed assertions when I compile the test with gcc
4.1.0 and run it on Solaris (also attached). Are those expected? I.e.,
is there actually a problem with the library? If so (i.e., if > you can
reproduce the problem), could you put together a small test case and
open an issue in Jira?

These assertions are not expected, but their cause is the problem with
rw_widen function for char's. But I suspect another problem with insert
(s.begin(), s.begin (), s.end ()) - I prepare a small test when I could
reproduce the problem separately from the string.insert test. And this
problem appears on Linux only.

Martin Sebor wrote:
> Could you please enhance the 0.char.cpp test to exercise this and
commit both the enhanced test as well as your patch?
Hm, this issue is not a bug and the 0.char.cpp test seems to be correct,
but I'll update it to exercise rw_widen on arrays without '\0' at the
end.

Thanks,
Anton Pevtsov