stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: test for lib.string.insert
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 02:29:18 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> The attached file contains new test version updated according your
> notes.
>
> I used different array here, but may be it will be useful to create
> another one using bitmaps and compare these versions.

I made a simplifying change to get_insert_format (I used the %{+}
directive to append directly to the buffer). See the attached diff.
I also removed all trailing blanks (not shown in the diff). With
these changes please go ahead and commit the test.

I see a number of failed assertions when I compile the test with
gcc 4.1.0 and run it on Solaris (also attached). Are those expected?
I.e., is there actually a problem with the library? If so (i.e., if
you can reproduce the problem), could you put together a small test
case and open an issue in Jira?

> I found an issue in the rw_widen function implementation for chars:
[...]
> I corrected this by adding '\0' symbol to the end of the resulting array
> (char.cpp, line 248)

>            // copy src into dst
>            memcpy (dst, src, len);
>            dst [len] = '\0';
>
> What do you think about it?

Could you please enhance the 0.char.cpp test to exercise this and
commit both the enhanced test as well as your patch?

> Also I split rw_assert's formatting parameters into three parts using
> rw_asnprintf function.
>
> Current test version doesn't contain exception safety tests. I am
> working on them.

Sounds good.

While I'm gone, please continue to work on the tests. You might as
well commit your work (tests only) so you don't accidentally lose
anything. I'll review it as I have time or when I get back.

Thanks!
Martin