stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Liviu Nicoara <nico...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Problem with num_put on zOS
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:31:16 GMT
What Martin means by configuring the library is the first leg of
"make"-ing the library, where the GNU makefiles direct the execution of
 the config tests and the creation the config.h header. You could see
for yourself how this goes by building the library on a UNIX w/o RCB
(i.e. using GNU makefiles).

I am pretty sure I know from Tim or John that the reason why we're using
a hardcoded config header is that zOS is missing a shell and the
required utilities.

Liviu