stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Pevtsov" <Ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Re: Re: test for lib.alg.partitions
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:37:45 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
> The test still aborts due to the bug you mentioned but passes with
your suggested patch so it looks like we have a solution. Unless you can
think of any reason why we shouldn't apply it I'll go > ahead and commit
it tomorrow.

I think we may apply the changes.

Martin Sebor wrote:
> Yes, eventually we should. Please open an enhancement in Jira so we
don't forget. For now, let's just enhance the tests that are the most
likely to have problems. I.e., any tests that allocate   > any temporary
storage (other than on the stack).

New jira issue is created:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-139

Thanks,
Anton Pevtsov

> Martin, here is the updated test version - I added checks for X
> objects leaks (or unexpected dtor calls).

Great! I updated the test with this change:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=375448&view=rev

The test still aborts due to the bug you mentioned but passes with your
suggested patch so it looks like we have a solution. Unless you can
think of any reason why we shouldn't apply it I'll go ahead and commit
it tomorrow.

> I plan to implement the exception-safity test for this algorithm

Okay.

> (and I
> think we need to implement such tests for each algorithm, don't we?).

Yes, eventually we should. Please open an enhancement in Jira so we
don't forget. For now, let's just enhance the tests that are the most
likely to have problems. I.e., any tests that allocate any temporary
storage (other than on the stack).

Thanks
Martin