stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject Test suite assertion failures on NetBSD 3.0
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:28:24 GMT
Greetings all.

I think this is the final note I have on the results for running the
stdcxx test suite after building it on NetBSD 3.0.  The focus of this
note is assertion failures that were observed.  When I looked at these
assertions, I treated any assertions that also occurred on a SuSE 9 SP 2
build as known and accepted.  These known assertions were 2 assertions
plus a sefgault in 23.deque.special, a library assertion and segfault in
25.partitions, and an assertion in 25.random.shuffle.

The new/unexpected assertions were 4 assertions in 25.libc that I
suspect are cause by deficencies in the underlyting libc implementation,
2 assertions in 26.c.math that appear to be caused by rounding problems
on visual inspetion, and 2 assertions in 27.stringbuf.virtuals of an
unknown origin.  It is my suspicion that the failures in
27.stringbuf.virtuals are related to some of the other platform
weirdness with input/output.  Attached is the run output for these tests.

--Andrew Black