stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: r. 380238 broken
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:04:30 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> It seems I rushed to a wrong conclusion - I haven't noticed the
> definitions for _RWSTD_INSTANTIATE_type's macros. Scratch the diff since
>  it leads to unsats because of the lack of type instantiations in the
> library. Martin, any off-the-shelf ideas as to why I get this:

It's caused by this change:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=379694&view=rev

The space between const and the type is causing problems (the bogus
macro _RWSTD_NO_CHAR ends up getting defined to nothing which makes
the the preprocessor unhappy when it sees it in conditionals like

     #if !_RWSTD_NO_CHAR

I need to fix it by some clever application of shell quoting (ugh).

Incidentally, this also means that the same breakage will occur
when _RWSTD_NO_WCHAR_T is #defined. That will need to be fixed in
_defs.h, maybe along these lines:

     #if !(_RWSTD_NO_WCHAR_T + 0)

Martin