stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: tests for lib.alg.heap.operations
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:59:20 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> The attached file contains the tests for the lib.alg.heap.operations
> algorithms (make_heap, push_heap, pop_heap, sort_heap).

Very good! Committed thus:

Btw., I removed your cool calculator function objects and did the
calculation directly in the testing function. I like the general
approach (it's the STL way :) but the problem with it is that it
causes code bloat and increased compilation time. To give you
a general idea, the original code took 10% longer to compile with
gcc 4.0.2 and produced an object file nearly 20% bigger than after
the change.

Martin