stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Any ideas on these StdLib build errors?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:38:50 GMT
Nicole Willson wrote:
> NO! It's MY test case. :)

Don't worry, we'll give it back in pristine condition! :)

   I actually streamlined it a little more. Ok, here
> it is:
>
> //Test case for ICE on SuSE 9sp2 with xlC 8.0
> #include <string.h>
>
> template <class _InternT> class codecvt_byname
> {
> public:
>     explicit codecvt_byname (){}
> };
>
> template<> class codecvt_byname<wchar_t>
> {
> public:
>     explicit codecvt_byname ();
> };
>
> codecvt_byname<wchar_t>::codecvt_byname ()
> {
> static struct {int flag;} mods = {1};

Moving this struct out of the function (i.e., to namespace scope)
fixes it in this test case. Try it in wcodecvt.cpp to see if it
works there as well. It'll probably improve the code in general.

Martin