stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: test for lib.alg.partitions
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 03:06:46 GMT
Anton Pevtsov wrote:
> Martin, here is the updated test version - I added checks for X objects
> leaks (or unexpected dtor calls).

Great! I updated the test with this change:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=375448&view=rev

The test still aborts due to the bug you mentioned but passes with
your suggested patch so it looks like we have a solution. Unless
you can think of any reason why we shouldn't apply it I'll go ahead
and commit it tomorrow.

> I plan to implement the exception-safity test for this algorithm

Okay.

> (and I
> think we need to implement such tests for each algorithm, don't we?).

Yes, eventually we should. Please open an enhancement in Jira so
we don't forget. For now, let's just enhance the tests that are
the most likely to have problems. I.e., any tests that allocate
any temporary storage (other than on the stack).

Thanks
Martin