stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <>
Subject Re:
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:53:58 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> I have attached my attempt at converting new.cpp "self" test to the new
> driver.

This looks okay but it exposes a problem -- the test produces a bunch
of errors like the one below:

# ERROR (S8) (4 lines):
# TEXT: /build/sebor/dev/stdlib/tests/src/new.cpp:560: deallocation
mismatch: pointer allocated 9th in the program with a call to operator
new(0) being deallocated with the wrong form of operator delete[](0013c760)

I suspect it's because you replaced the calls to fprintf() in new.cpp
with those to rw_error(). I still think that was a good change but we
need to add to disable it for this test.

Btw., I might just commit this test but we need to implement a solution
for these (expected) errors sometime soon. The driver has an --expect
option that would do this from the command line or from the environment.
It seems that setting the --expect option in the environment of the
test (programmatically from within the test itself) might be the way
to go here.

PS Also, the formatting strings passed to the rw_error() calls in
new.cpp have redundant trailing newlines -- they should be removed.
Could you please make the change and commit it?

View raw message