stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: 23.containers.deque.modifiers.cpp
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:29:07 GMT
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
> Take two with corrections to add z modifier to size_t arguments.

I'm afraid that's still slightly incorrect and, in fact, has undefined
semantics according to 7.19.6.1, p9 of C99. size_t is an unsigned type,
and the set of format specifiers that match an unsigned type is o, u,
x, or X, but not d. This is easy to fix, though.

What may be more tricky is fixing the formatting of the X class -- I
see some strange/incorrect formatting when tracing the execution of
the test with --trace:

# TEXT: line 298: deque((null)).assign(0, 65): leaked 0 objects after a
successful insertion

or

# TEXT: line 298: deque(a).assign(0, 65): leaked 0 objects after a
successful insertion

(note the "(null)" or 'a' argument to deque). I suspect it has to do
with the ToString class or its use.

Also, it would be nice to add command line options analogous to those
we've implemented for the algorithms tests (i.e., those controlling
which functions and/or which of their specializations to disable).

Finally, since you split up the original test into two (and made
the part that exercises swap a standalone test) I would like to
commit both at the same time to make sure we don't forget one.

Martin