stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: x.y.z numbering and releases
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:00:37 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>> I do believe it does, granted the 1.2.3-rc3 branch would be internally
>> labeled (version id) 1.2.3, but the branch it sits on and the tarballs
>> it's packaged in both clearly designate 1.2.3.
>

> they designate 1.2.3-rc3!!!  Only the internal directory path within the
> tarball and appropriate header files omit the -rc3 desigation, such that...
>
>> This resolves Justin's
>> concern about rerolling the tarball, and addresses your concern that
>> like several other Apache packages, you would like to have several
>> review cycles.

Okay, so just to make sure we're all clear, the process we seem
to be converging on goes like this:

   1.  branch X.Y.Z/ from trunk/
   2.  with N starting at 1, tag the X.Y.Z/ branch X.Y.X-rc-N/ and
       create the corresponding tarball, stdcxx-X.Y.Z-rc-N.tar.gz;
       vote on tarball
   3.1 if the vote passes, rename tarball to stdcxx-X.Y.Z.tar.gz
       and proceed to publish it
   3.2 otherwise, fix problems on the X.Y.Z branch, increment N by
       1 and go to 2

Martin