stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: build failure on Mac OS X 10.2.8
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:42:18 GMT
Andrew Black wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> Last night I attempted to build the stdcxx library and tests/examples on
> my Mac OS X box, runing version 10.2.8 of the operating system.
> Unfortunately, the make process failed building the dependancies for
> include/rw/_traits.h with a message about an undefined macro
> _RWSTD_WEOF.  I have attached the generated config.h. I also have
> captured the output for uname -a and gcc -v (at the end of this message)
> if it would provide any helpful information, but I didn't think to
> capture the output from the make process.

It seems that the libc on your system doesn't define the WEOF macro
or provide much in the way of wchar_t support. We should be able to
detect it and gracefully deal with it.

Could you open a new issue for this in Jira? Here's how:
http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/bugs.html
Please copy a link to your post into the report for reference:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-stdcxx-dev/200601.mbox/%3c43BC0173.8000009@roguewave.com%3e

> Looking at the file in question, it appears that _RWSTD_WEOF is used at
> line 337 (in the eof method of the wchar_t specalization of the
> char_traits struct) without checking if _RWSTD_NO_WEOF is defined.  It
> is likely that the fix would be to check if _RWSTD_NO_WEOF is not
> defined, and to provide a default return value if it is undefined, but I
> don't know what that value should be (-1 perhaps?).
> It appears that there is a similar problem with _RWSTD_EOF in the char
> specalization. and the same problem with _RWSTD_WEOF in src/wctype.cpp

Let me look into where best to handle this and how.

Thanks!
Martin