stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Pevtsov" <Ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Re: Intel C++ command line
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:36:58 GMT
Martin, I'll investigate these issues and remove the unnecessary
options. Some of them presents here from the beginning and I think they
were just generated by default.

With best wishes,
Anton Pevtsov

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:sebor@roguewave.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 00:07
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Intel C++ command line

When compiling and linking with Intel C++ I see a few command line
options and arguments that we shouldn't be using. Here they are:

   /D "_RWBUILD_std"

This one is a vestige of the Rogue Wave build infrastructure and
shouldn't be used.

   /D "_MBCS"

This one is probably unnecessary (we don't use it internally). Anton,
did you have a specific reason for putting it there?

   /Qmultibyte-chars
   /Qvc7.1

AFAICS, these are not documented so we shouldn't be using them.

With the exception of user32.lib all system libraries on the link line
can be dropped.

In addition, I see we pass these options to the linker:

   /INCREMENTAL:NO

Shouldn't we enable incremental linking?

   /TLBID:1

According to the documentation, /TLBID:1 is the default. It should be
safe to avoid specifying this option.

   /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE

Again, this is the default so we can drop it.

   /MACHINE:X86

The documentation says we usually don't need to specify this so I
suggest we take it out.

Martin