stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From "Anton Pevtsov" <>
Subject Re: Intel C++ command line
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:36:58 GMT
Martin, I'll investigate these issues and remove the unnecessary
options. Some of them presents here from the beginning and I think they
were just generated by default.

With best wishes,
Anton Pevtsov

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor []
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 00:07
Subject: Intel C++ command line

When compiling and linking with Intel C++ I see a few command line
options and arguments that we shouldn't be using. Here they are:

   /D "_RWBUILD_std"

This one is a vestige of the Rogue Wave build infrastructure and
shouldn't be used.

   /D "_MBCS"

This one is probably unnecessary (we don't use it internally). Anton,
did you have a specific reason for putting it there?

AFAICS, these are not documented so we shouldn't be using them.

With the exception of user32.lib all system libraries on the link line
can be dropped.

In addition, I see we pass these options to the linker:

Shouldn't we enable incremental linking?

According to the documentation, /TLBID:1 is the default. It should be
safe to avoid specifying this option.

Again, this is the default so we can drop it.

The documentation says we usually don't need to specify this so I
suggest we take it out.

View raw message