stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Pevtsov <ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Solution generation scripts for MSVC-8.0
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:27:53 GMT
The attached archive contains latest version of the solution generation scripts. Now they support
the solution generation for MSVC-8.0 (configuration msvc-8.0).
Martin, try it, please and if it works correctly I'll prepare the patch.

There is an issue with the MSVC-8.0 build:
The library build summary log contains a lot of compilation warnings. There are two types
of them:

1) ..\..\..\src\exception.cpp(508) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\../include/stdio.h(339) : see
declaration of '_vsnprintf'
        Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead.
To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'

The cause of this warning is that there is new secure version of the _vsnprintf' function:
_vsnprintf_s. Martin, should we add _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE to the library defines to eliminate
this warning (this is easy) or should we consider using _vsnprintf_s instead of _vsnprintf'
?

2) ..\..\..\src\file.cpp(293) : warning C4996: 'open' was declared deprecated
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\io.h(328) : see declaration
of 'open'
        Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant
name: _open. See online help for details.'

It is possible to hide this warning using the pragma directive (something like this: #pragma
warning(disable : 4996) ). Martin, what do you think about it?

Prerequisites for MSVC-8.0:
1. Add path to uuidgen and vsvars32 utilities to your PATH environment variable.
2. Execute vsvars32 before the building.

Also I added the COPYDLL option. If it set to "yes" or "y" all executables projects (examples
and tests) will copy the library dll to the executable's folder via the post-build step (the
previous scripts versions operates in this way). And if COPYDLL is not specified the dll will
not be copied (but the examples and tests runner scripts will temporary copy it to run examples
and tests).

With best wishes,
Anton Pevtsov.