stdcxx-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Pevtsov <ant...@moscow.vdiweb.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Solution generartion script for Intel 9.0 compiler]
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:12:26 GMT
I guess the cause of your problem is that script could not find uuidgen.exe utility. It is
installed with Visual Studio but it id necessary to add the path to this utility to your PATH
variable. Unfortunately, I have missed this prerequisite in my previous mail. Also it may
be useful to call vsvars32 before the solution generation.

The script now checks that it is able to run uuidgen and ICProjConvert90 (for icc solutions
only) utilities.

The attached archive "scripts_tar.gz" contains the latest scripts version. Try it, please.

With best wishes,
Anton Pevtsov.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:sebor@roguewave.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 23:36
To: stdcxx-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Solution generartion script for Intel 9.0 compiler]

Anton Pevtsov wrote:

>> Hi Martin.
>>
>> I have sent the mail below to stdcxx-dev but I am afraid it didn't
>> reach the recipient.

That's odd. I would have expected it either to succeed or you to get an email back explaining
why the post bounced.

>> I sent it from Mozilla mailer, so I didn't expect
>> problems with the attachment but it looks like .zip files are not
>> accepted by stdcxx-dev mail server. Is it possible to send .zip
>> archives to the stdcxx-dev?

I don't know of any restriction on .zip files or other binaries but you might want to ask
on general@incubator.apache.org.

>> Here is the mail:
>> "
>>
>> The attached archive contains the upgraded solution generation
>> scripts. Try them on your side, please. If they work sucessfully  I'll
>> form the patch file (there a lot of changes in scripts and I prefer do
>> this one time).

Okay, that's fine.

>> get it to do that?) I launched it the usual way and all I got was a
>> VisualStudio solution. Btw., the solution ended up in a        >
>> subdirectory of the directory I specified instead of directly in
>> BUILDDIR as before. I assume that's a bug?
>>
>> To clarify these questions  I describe how it should work:
>>
>> 1. Prerequisites:
>>
>> I assume that you have istalled Microsoft Visual Studio 2003, Intel
>> C++ 9.0 Compiler and Intel C++ plugin for Visual Studio (it allows to
>> "share" VC solution between MSVC and Intel).

Yes, I have those.

>> Also you should have
>> ICProjConvert90 utility which allows to switch between MSVC and Intel
>> project trees (it is installed with the plugin). I have this utility
>> in my Program Files\Commom Files\Intel\Shared Files\ia32\bin folder.

I added that to my PATH.

>> Also it is necessary to add the path to ICProjConvert90 utility to
>> your system PATH variable.
>>
>> 2. Launch the generate.bat script:

Hmm, I get the error below now, both with msvc-7.1 and icc-9.0 as the value of CONFIG. The
text of the error message isn't helpful in identifying the name of the file the script cannot
find (what do the two numbers in the parentheses mean?) I'm afraid I'm at a loss how to fix
it (it would be good to improve this and other similar error messages).

C:\contrib\cygwin\build\sebor\stdcxx>generate /CONFIG:msvc-7.1
/BUILDDIR:c:\contrib\cygwin\build\sebor\msvc-7.1
Solution generation script
Checking arguments...
Building directory tree created
Checking consistence...
Creating projects... C:\contrib\cygwin\build\sebor\stdcxx\etc\config\windows\generate.wsf(17,

6) WshShell.Exec: The system cannot find the file specified.

C:\contrib\cygwin\build\sebor\stdcxx>

Martin